People got to experience the sights and sounds of Brazil but in Bucks at a carnival at the weekend.
This year’s Amersham Carnival and Town Show was held on King George V Playing Field on Saturday (July 9).
Amersham Action Group, Amersham Round Table and Amersham Town Council once again joined forces to put on the event following the success of last year’s revived Carnival and Town Show.
- Thames Water answer questions after their unprece1:10
- Amersham charity launches Scrub Run to fundraise 1:25
- Rush Trampoline Park2:15
- Man dumps compost bags in burnham0:33
- connected knowledge1:18
- Walking football event for older Bucks residents1:02
- What's going to replace the garage in Old Amersha0:18
- These students are furious at Brexit induced cere3:03
- Chesham mum-to-be calls for parents in Bucks to s3:13
The event kicked-off with a vibrant Rio themed procession leaving the King George V field in King George V Road, Amersham, at noon, taking in a route of Amersham-on-the-Hill before returning to the field for a family fun day out.
There was host of activities including a live music stage, barbecue and beer tent, central performance arena, Amersham in Bloom Horticultural Show, a 400 strong balloon race, community and charity stalls as well as a fairground and the ever popular Amersham beach, which this year took inspiration from the world famous Copacabana beach.