Ex-Missenden Schoolboy and Hazlemere resident James Corden is certainly making a splash in Hollywood where his late night talkshow, The Late Late Show with James Corden, is going from strength to viral strength.
In the UK, he’s lent his voice to the Sainsbury’s Christmas Advert, a song lasting over three minutes which rather saccharinely charts the schemes of a working father to spend more time with his family over Christmas.
Corden and Sainsbury’s collaboration has topped the UK Christmas advert charts according to the world’s largest video hosting site, YouTube.
“The Greatest Gift” claimed a hard fought top spot, beating out John Lewis’ “#BusterTheBoxer” and Marks & Spencer’s “Christmas with Love from Mrs Claus”.
Interestingly, the video does not chart in YouTube’s dubiously titled “Top 10 Emotionally Compelling Adverts”, but does rank at number two in the global ad charts.
The song has also been tipped to make the prestigious UK Christmas number one, so we checked with the bookies to see what they think the likelihood is. Betfair is offering Corden the best odds at 5/1 whilst Coral are giving him the slimmest chance at 20/1.
The single is not currently in the UK Charts top 100, but in the age we live in this could all change with the sending of a tweet or snapchat.
- How the Prime Minister plans to hold a snap elect0:51
- Broken lamppost left to rust in Chesham
- Where are people more likely to run out on a bill0:55
- Police crackdown on criminals using the roads1:50
- A four bedroom Art Deco-style house in Gerrards C2:44
- Rescue teams at the scene at Tawsfynydd following0:46
- Police to hand out fines to overweight vehicles c1:39
- What's replacing the empty store in Old Amersham?0:41
- Rio Ferdinand in new BBC1 documentary2:22